Monday, March 31, 2014

Put a Succulent in it.

If you've never heard of Hannah Hart, it's probably because you're, umm, not a teenager. 
I'm still 18. Guilty as charged. Today I just felt like talking, and sharing inspiration!

Anyways, she does a show on YouTube called My Drunk Kitchen. Yup.
Don't judge me! She's really entertaining!

So, back in January, she moved into a new house and did a video about how to decorate like an adult! And, I'm gonna to have to say, it's pretty darn accurate.

A few quotations include: 
"You make pillows!"
"You frame posters!"
"You use mason jars for things!"
"You put nuts out for people when they come over!"

But most importantly: "Repurpose!"
She goes on to say that she found a cow shaped creamer pitcher in her closet, which had been nicknamed the abyss, while moving. Now who would ever throw that away? Instead, Hannah puts her clever decorator powers to good use. And makes it into a planter.

I feel like this quotation sums up the whole DIY blog community. Come on; you know it's true.

And because I'm getting pretty proud of my gif creating abilities, here is a quotation from the movie The Sasquatch Gang. Come on, though shalt not deny their shabby chic phase.


Basically, you can make AnYtHiNg into a planter.

How cool are these?!

Hello. Slightly creepy, but totally amazing.


Awww... :)

I actually started this post on March 26th. The next day, Brynne, from The Gathered Home, showed off this little thrifted treasure on #thriftscorethursday. Animal shaped creamer/pitcher turned planter? Needless to say, it made me very happy. Coincidence? I think not!


Oh, Hannah. You belong in the DIY community.

A few parting words of wisdom:

Follow me on Pinterest for more repurposed planters!


Subscribe! It feels good.


2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I was scrolling down through this post falling in love with all the adorable succulent planters (of course I stopped at the gold bunnies to ooo and ah) and then I saw that you mentioned my little blue & white bunny - so fun! :) I think I'm going to have to repurpose it as a succulent planter ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :))) That was hilarious!

    (And I really do love that little house!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you! Thanks for commenting! They always make my day!